Y-cam is a fast growing company which specialises in the manufacturing of IP Cameras. Since the company was founded in 2007, Y-cam has launched a number of IP cameras, ranging from Y-cam Classic range to the recent Y-cam Bullet HD.
Like all other leading IP camera brands, Y-cam cameras are designed for the purpose of security around residential and business parameters. With different design offering different specs, all y-cam cameras share the following features:
• MPEG-4 compression for reduced bandwidth and storage
• Motion detection alerts via email and FTP
• Monitor and record live video and audio from anywhere in the world
• Infrared Night Vision
• Secured wireless connectivity using WEP, WPA and WPA2 encryption.
• Mobile Viewing through a compatible phone
• Multi-client access and password protection
• All cameras have night vision except white models
1) Y-cam Black and Y-cam White also known as first generation cameras are obsolete now.
2) Y-cam classic range also known as second generation cameras consisted of Y-cam Black, Y-cam Knight and Y-cam White. Second generation cameras had MJPEG other than normal Y-cam features. This opened the new doors for Y-cam making it accessible though non-IE browsers including mobile phones like iphone
3) Third generation cameras also know as SD range are exactly same as second generation cameras, however they have microSD card slot for onboard recording. They also have improved wireless range. Y-cam Bullet Black and white also belongs to this generation.
4) Fourth generation also known as S range are second generation cameras with improved wireless and NAS compatibility.
5) HD generation consists of Y-cam Bullet HD and Y-cam Bullet HD 1080. Both the cameras support H.264 compression and high range wireless. They also have IR Cut filter for true day and night video
Y-cam is a safe buy, for a reliable IP camera which meets all the specifications written on the box and basically does what it is described as doing.